(Revision August 20, 2009)
A. Collection of Information
The type of Information submitted to or collected by Ajax Adventure Camp varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with Ajax Adventure Camp.
- Browsing the Website: When You browse the company’s website, Ajax Adventure Camp may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. This information is collected for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of the company’s website and for security reasons.
- Inquiries: The website contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the website, Ajax Adventure Camp services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, Ajax Adventure Camp may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of Gateway Services: When You register to use Ajax Adventure Camp online processing services (“Gateway Services”), You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with Ajax Adventure Camp. If You ordered any products or services from businesses that use our Gateway Services (“Ajax Adventure Camp Customers”), You were required to submit personally identifiable information (“Order Information”). Ajax Adventure Camp Customers transmit Order Information to Ajax Adventure Camp for the purpose of processing Orders. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A. and may also be maintained in servers located in Europe or Asia, depending on where the order originates or the geographic location of a Ajax Adventure Camp Customer. Ajax Adventure Camp may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Applying for a Merchant Account: When You submit an application to obtain a merchant account through Ajax Adventure Camp, You will be required to provide personally identifiable information. Furthermore, Ajax Adventure Camp may also obtain information about You from third party sources, including, without limitation, consumer reporting agencies.
- Notice for European Users: The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and sets forth principles for its use. One principle states that information must be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that You are entitled to know how we intend to use any information You provide. You can then decide whether You want to give personal information to us. Details are publicly available at www.ico.gov.uk or from:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Fax: 01625 524510
The Data Protection Act does not generally apply to data about limited companies or partnerships, but it does cover personal data relating to sole traders and partnerships. When we receive an application from a business, we may perform a search with a credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency on the individual company directors or partners.
Order Information provided by You to Ajax Adventure Camp Customers and any Information that You provide to Ajax Adventure Camp directly will be transferred outside of the European Union to the United States. By providing personal information to Ajax Adventure Camp Customers or us, You are consenting to the transfer of such information outside of the EU and to its storage and use as described herein.
B. Use and Disclosure of Information
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with Ajax Adventure Camp. Ajax Adventure Camp never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website: Information collected while You’re browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of Ajax Adventure Camp.
- Inquiries: Information collected during the course of You submitting an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call may be used by Ajax Adventure Camp to respond to Your inquiries or to contact You to inform You of services of Ajax Adventure Camp that may be of use to You. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party unless such third party has been contracted by Ajax Adventure Camp, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of Ajax Adventure Camp Services: If You are a Ajax Adventure Camp Customer, Ajax Adventure Camp will use Your Information during the course of providing You with the Gateway Services. During the course of providing such services, Ajax Adventure Camp may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with Ajax Adventure Camp to perform certain functions of the Gateway Services on our behalf (“Subcontractors”). Ajax Adventure Camp may also use Your Information to contact You about other Ajax Adventure Camp offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third party vendors. Ajax Adventure Camp may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. If You are a customer of a Ajax Adventure Camp Customer, Ajax Adventure Camp will use Order Information during the course of providing processing services to such Ajax Adventure Camp Customer. Ajax Adventure Camp may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing Gateway Services to Ajax Adventure Camp Customers, Ajax Adventure Camp may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Applying for a Merchant Account: If You apply for a merchant account from or through Ajax Adventure Camp, Ajax Adventure Camp may use and disclose the Information to evaluate Your eligibility for a merchant account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the merchant account services. Ajax Adventure Camp may also use and disclose Your Information during the course of providing or procuring on Your behalf the merchant account services. Ajax Adventure Camp may also use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, about other Ajax Adventure Camp offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends. Ajax Adventure Camp may also use Your Information for internal business analyses.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: If You submitted an inquiry to Ajax Adventure Camp or if You are a Ajax Adventure Camp Customer, periodically, Ajax Adventure Camp may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations: All contracts entered into between Ajax Adventure Camp and Ajax Adventure Camp Customers, Ajax Adventure Camp and Subcontractors, and Ajax Adventure Camp and other third party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings: Ajax Adventure Camp may use Information to conduct internal investigations. Ajax Adventure Camp may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
Ajax Adventure Camp is committed to privacy and security. Ajax Adventure Camp is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”) as a Level 1 service provider. Ajax Adventure Camp has been compliant with PCI DSS since its inception in 2002. PCI DSS is the bankcard industry’s most stringent security standard. Examples of Ajax Adventure Camp’s security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from Ajax Adventure Camp Customers; restricted access of personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third party security experts.
Correction and Deletion of Information
If You want Ajax Adventure Camp to correct or delete Your Information that is stored on Ajax Adventure Camp systems, please submit Your request in writing to:
Subject to our ability to verify Your request and provided that Ajax Adventure Camp is not required to maintain the Information by applicable laws, regulations, or contractual obligations, Ajax Adventure Camp will correct or delete the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.